Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another Good Read and Other Stuff

I'd like to introduce you to someone I've referred to in my blog as "Darling Wife"! She now has a blog by the name of Sugar Free Cherries! Drop by and say hello when you have the time!

I had a jarring piece of news yesterday - I have 3 herniated discs in my neck! About a month ago we were coming home from Northern Retirement State after a visit, and I muscled my not-too-light carry-on suitcase up into the overhead on the plane. I didn't get it high enough, and it bounced back at me. I caught it a bit off balance and shoved it in again and at the same time felt my neck shift. I thought at the time that I shouldn't have done that, and turns out that I was right!

The pain started in just a few days, and has been relentless for almost 3 weeks! I started going to my chiropractor after the first week, and it wasn't getting any better. He scheduled an MRI for me this last Monday, and I started with an Acupuncturist the same day. I got the results of the test last night and am blown away. I have changed some things in my life forever, by my "I am woman, I am strong" act of hefting my own suitcase over my head instead of asking for some help.

My Chiro and my Acupuncturist both feel they can help, so I am going to continue with both. Actually, today is the first day I have not been in total pain in 3 weeks. I can still feel the tightness - but it has been a good day! Ladies - a word from the wiser - allowing someone to help with the heavy stuff is not a bad thing - does not make me less in charge of my life - and will make the guy in my life happy that he can help me!!

3 comments:

someone else said...

I'm so, so sorry, but I'm glad there was some relief from the pain.

I'll go by and visit the new blog soon.

Shindigsandshinanigans said...

That is some jarring news, hope the pain-free days continue! See you soon!

Emily said...

ooh, ouch! i'm so sorry about your neck! i hope they're able to bring you more and more relief.