Wednesday, October 11, 2006

60 Things About Me

Well, I have finally passed that mile marker that you all passed so long ago! I have posted 50 blogs! Well, 60 - actually counting this one! It seems to be the tradition to do a "Things About Me" blog when you hit these milestones - so here goes - all 60 of them!

1. I am a 3rd generation native Californian
2. My horse lived in my backyard for about 10 years starting when I was in 7th grade, and I rode in the hills behind my house almost every day.
3. I love classical music
4. If I had the opportunity, I would go and live in England for 6 months or so
5. My first car was a 1959 Studebaker Lark - turquoise
6. The scar on my arm is from scraping the pavement with it when the go-kart my brother and I made turned too sharp because the steering wasn't finished and the seat wasn't nailed down and I wanted to test it anyway going down our hill when I was 13
7. I went deep-sea fishing with my grandfather 3 times - caught my fish, then got seasick every time
8. I don't do rollercoasters - or anything remotely like them
9. I have best friends - and I am blessed to have them
10. I have been married to the same man for 38 years
11. I love to body surf or boogey board in the ocean
12. I had to have surgery in order to get pregnant
13. It worked and after 2nd son was born, had surgery to not get pregnant!
14. I love to put a bit of heavy cream over ice and add diet root beer - tastes just like a float!
15. I love to sew
16. I hate doing alterations
17. I tried being a "seamstress", did NOT like sewing for other women!
18. I love making quilts
19. I took a pottery class in 1990 and got hooked - I have taken a ceramics class every semester at the local community college since then.
20. I am not an artist by "brain" - but I love the process of shaping the clay on the wheel
21. I offer to take pictures of folks with their camera if they want a picture of themselves together
22. My husband and friends laugh at me for doing this!
23. I am a mother-in-law
24. I cringe when girls talk about hating their mother-in-laws
25. I really loved my mother and father in law - they are gone now - I miss them
26. I love to take walks in pretty places
27. I could sit and watch and/or listen to water moving or a fire burning for hours
28. I love the taste of coffee - and will drink it even if it has been in the pot for a while, or has gotten cold in the cup.
29. I keep a book in the car so anywhere I have to wait I have a book to help me do it
30. I can walk/ride the cardio machines at the gym for a long time if I have something to read - if not, I can't do more than about 10 minutes
31. I think I am mildly ADD
32. I am easily distracted - but can keep track of several tasks at the same time
33. I love to go camping & hiking
34. I am NOT fond of spiders
35. Snakes don't bother me
36. Mosquitos and fleas usually don't bite me
37. I love big fireworks displays
38. I used to have a vegetable garden - I'm looking forward to having the time to have one again
39. I have had lasic on my eyes - twice - I can see - Wahoo!!
40. I did not need glasses at all til I was 35 - then slowly progressed to legally blind!
41. I recently bought my 3rd bicycle - a Trek - it's really neat - I should get a helmet
42. My next vehicle will either be another minivan or an SUV - I like being up high and having a lot of space for stuff and people
43. I work on a computer more than 90% of my workday
44. I love to travel
45. I love pretty much any day that I don't have to be sitting at this desk!
46. I love to cook when I have the time
47. I love to do things with my hands, ceramics, sewing, knitting, crocheting
48. I love relaxing before dinner with a glass of red wine and a piece of good cheese
48. I'm sensitive/alergic to most perfumes
49. I like the increasing silver in my hair - and I highlight what's still darker to make it lighter too
50. I am right handed, but use the computer mouse with my left
51. I love my husband
52. I enjoy playing golf and one of these days I'll play more often
53. I can hardly wait to quit work and move out of state and have time for my hobbies.
54. I worked part time for several mortuaries doing hair and makeup while the kids were in school when I was a stay at home mom
55. I hate funerals
56. I love hot & spicy food - pepperoni and jalapeno pepper pizza - yummmm!
57. I love going shopping by myself
58. My favorite way to spend an evening is with friends drinking coffee, and visiting or playing a game
59. I loved being a stay at home mom
60. I work out with a trainer at the gym twice a week

6 comments:

Pam said...

Hmmm.. go and live in England? May I suggest that Scotland would be much better?!

"Grandi" said...

Ok - Sounds good - can we meet for tea?!!

Unknown said...

Two things for your to-do list when you move here: teach me to quilt and to do pottery. Thanks. :)

Regarding #24, not everyone is fortunate to have a MIL who lets their son go and accepts the backseat to his wife and family. Hate is a strong word I would never use, though.

MMMMM, Pyrex? I'll call Beth.

meggie said...

You have been blessed with a nice full life! I enjoyed your list!
I too loved being with my children- loved the school holidays.
I dont have a MIL or FIL now, but my MIL was a very 'unusual' person. We came to a kind of peace eventually, much to the jealousy of SIL.
I really relate to #58 except for the coffee- only drink 1-2 cups a day now.

someone else said...

I love, love, love this list and look forward to sharing some of those things with you when you move here.

kpjara said...

Wonderful list and congrats on the milestone! I'm glad you're here.