Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy Birthday to You


Well, Birthday Greetings are in order - My oldest son, Computer Guy has a birthday this week! He will be 32 on Friday! Wow - I can hardly believe that 32 years have gone so quickly! (This picture was of him and MissC at her birthday party 6 months ago!)

We tried to get pregnant for about 6 years before I had to have some corrective surgery - and "taa-daa" - we did it!! We were on tour with the gospel quartet hubby sang with back then and we were in Durango, Colorado where they did an outdooor concert at the home of some friends. I was 7 months pregnant and was very uncomfortable sitting in a folding chair, so I was hanging out at the back with the kids and there was this darling little boy - who's name was C***! He was the cutest kid I had ever seen and later that night I asked hubby if he had noticed him. He had, and right there and then, we had a name for our baby if it was a boy! I sort of "knew" down inside that a boy was coming - we didn't have ultrasound for that sort of thing then!

He has always been a terrific guy; very compassionate, good athlete, loyal friend, consistant christian, incredibly smart with computer stuff, super musician, now loving husband and daddy! It was so fun to watch my kids grow up and become who they are! And such a blessing to see what quality people they have become! CG was my first reason for being a stay-at-home-mom and I never regretted making the choice to quit work and raise my kids. They were so.much.fun!! Oh, we had our time-outs and spankings (yes, I spanked) - but over all I had a great time! Now he is all grown up and has a family of his own - Darling wife and sweet MissC and even a granddog who is a character!

One of the fun things about CG's birthday, is that 4 days later is Darling Wife's birthday! This year we get to celebrate both birthdays by taking them all to Disneyland! It will be MissC's first time so you know we will both have cameras ready! (Providing I can get blogger to post the pictures I'll show you next week!) Hubby and I are taking a day off work and they are driving up to meet us there. We are so excited to see CG and DW of course, but MissC changes so much every time we see her - we can hardly wait! This morning DW emailed me to say that MissC has added the word "pretty" to her vocabulary! Perfect timing - with Disneyland being so pretty!! I hope she can make it to the fireworks - that will really exercise her new word!!

This is a recent picture of her I just can't resist - DW let her pick out her own outfit that day, and this is what she wanted to wear - don't you just want to kiss that face??!!

4 comments:

someone else said...

Great pictures -- and you're right. Those cheeks are mega-kissable!!

Happy birthday from us to them.

kpjara said...

She's absolutely darling! Have a wonderful visit...can't wait to see the pics!

Nancy said...

This is my first time at your blog and could feel the pride from your words that you have for your children and grandchildren. It is a great feeling to know you did the very best that you could as a parent and then... they turn out to be adults that you are proud of and want to spend time with. Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Nancy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday CG!

That grandgirl is ADORABLE. I wanna give her a squish.