Tuesday, March 13, 2007

In This Skin

Since I only have today and tomorrow before we leave on vacation (yea!) I just don't have time to really post - but this one does get my thoughts going!! So I'll take just a few minutes!

I have a little sign near my sink that says, "If you haven't grown up by age 50 you don't have to". It's here on my blog too. I take this as state of mind not a level of maturity!! I do hope that as I breezed past 50 and am knocking on 60's gate that I have a certain maturity that leaves me a little wiser! But there is that other side - the side that has folks wondering if you were ever young! I don't want anyone to wonder that about me!! The inside of me sometimes is taken back by the face in the mirror - a few wrinkles, not such a tight jaw line any more - and we won't even talk about thighs or fanny!! I do not wear bikinis any more. But I still only feel about 30 on the inside! Sometimes I look at some ladies that are my age and up, and I wonder if I look as old to you as they look to me!!

I love to sit on the floor and play with my granddaughter and my granddog! I love ice cream cones and water balloons and taking a hike or riding a bike. I love tennys and jeans and letting the wind mess up my hair. I love to walk fast and swing on the swings at the park. I love to skip. I love to ski and travel, and I don't want to ever hear me say, "Oh, I'm too old for that", unless I am referring to low cut mini skirts and midrift baring tops!! HA!! I want to be one of those folks who has friends in all different age groups and the younger ones won't think of me as OLD!! I love to have FUN!!

We are about to leave on a cruise that will stop in Costa Rica and Hubby and I are going to do a zip-line tour of the rain forest - - and folks, my 82-year old mom wants to do it too!!! You have to climb some stairs and wear a harness that hooks to a cable and you slide along the cable from one platform to the other as you work your way through the tree-tops. I am afraid of heights - but I really don't want to miss this!! She feels the same way - after all, when will this opportunity come again!! So we are doing it with a few other adventureous members of our group. The rest are taking a little less breathless ground tour!

So I use my Mary Kay (It is really good stuff even if you don't care for "the Ladies"!) and watch my weight and excercise and take my vitamins and hopefully when I am 82 I will still be doing all the fun things I want to do too - just like my mom!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you took the time to write. And I am envious of your cruise. But I have to admit you would not catch me on that zip line! I am really a chicken, and not ashamed of it! Well, sometimes I wish I wasn't.

Lei said...

"I don't want to ever hear me say, "Oh, I'm too old for that", unless I am referring to low cut mini skirts and midrift baring tops!!" LOL! You made me laugh!!! I, too, want to have friends of all ages. Thank you for joining us! Hope to see you again!

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are aging gracefully and with humor ... I hope I am doing the same thing, too!

Have a great cruise and let us know how the zip line goes. That sounds incredible, even if it is a bit scary.

Tigersue said...

I used to sell Mary Kay, you are right good stuff. :)

I love what you are going to do. I am so afraid of hights, I'm not sure I could do it.

Dee Light said...

Have a wonderful trip. You are very young at heart!!!

Susie said...

Although I love to cruise and also enjoy so many of the other fun things you've mentioned, there's no way you catch me on a Zip Line, but... You go Girl!!
Fun post!!
:)

someone else said...

And when you're 82 and doing those things, I hope I'm doing them with you! We will never let ourselves get old, will we? It's the husbands we need to work on.

Thanks for taking the time to be part of this

Randi said...

It is so neat that you are going to go on the zip-line! Yikes! A little scary for my taste, but you enjoy it! Have a great trip!


Here is my current blog address:

http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/

Susan said...

Enjoyed your post and your story.

Pam said...

Hope you had a great time and got back safely from that hair-raising tree-top adventure.

Thanks for your comment about my dad's death - it was much appreciated.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Enjoyed your post!