Friday, April 07, 2006

Incredible Shrinking Woman

I'm losing weight - Wahoo! I started a few months ago when it was either buy size 14 pants with stretch or get serious about what I keep saying I'm doing!! I was also partially motivated by "C" who had gastric bypass surgery and was shrinking before our very eyes! There was always some (perverted, I think!) comfort in knowing I was "thinner" than several of my friends and although size 14 at 5'4" is a long way from thin, I could convince myself that I wasn't that bad, because they were heaver! Don't get me wrong - I really was, and still am, so happy for "C", that she had the surgery and is doing so well, but watching her eat her mini meals and drop sizes almost weekly started to mess with my comfort zone! Someone told her they "hated" her for losing weight so easily! That was just sick! Gastric bypass, although extremely effective for a lot of folks, is really drastic! And she had carried that extra 150 lbs around for a lot of years!! I'm really proud of her - not jealous!! Anyway - It got me motivated!

A friend spent the night with us and said she was on Medifast and it was really working for her. I checked it out on line the next day, and it sounded like it would certainly fit my life-style. The plan consists of 5 packets a day; shakes, bars, chili, soup, oatmeal, or hot drinks, and 1 "lean and green" meal a day. I'm basically lazy when it comes to breakfast and packing something for lunch at work, so this sounded perfect! I ordered it and got started. Well, I lost 25 pounds really quickly!! I like the plan, it's easy and tasty. This last 10 has been a lot slower, but I do admit to cheating a bit - particularly on weekends! I do intend to stay with it for a while - losing some has motivated me to lose more!

I signed up with a trainer at my gym for another 6-month stint - I feel such accomplishment when I can do all the reps he gives me and live through it!! HA!! His assignment is to work me hard enough to see a difference - he is definitely giving it his best shot!!

Buying a size 10 was great fun, and a size 8 was even better! As an added plus, my blood pressure is perfect, my cholestrol has dropped under 180, and my energy level has increased a bunch!! - and 0h yeah - I just bought a size 6!

4 comments:

someone else said...

NO WAY! You are so cool! Can I share your wardrobe?

"Grandi" said...

You bet'cha!! I actually have some clothes now that were purchased in this century! HA!!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is something to celebrate!!! Hooray!

Diane Viere said...

WOW!!! What success! You make it sound like fun!?!?!

Good job--NO--GREAT job!

Diane