Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My 9 Weird Things

Well, I got quite a chuckle over this from Morning Glory and Queen Beth - So I decided to join in the fun!

9 Weird Things About Me

1. My left foot is larger than my right - it's a 6 wide, right is 6 medium. Makes buying shoes interesting! Slip-ons usually just don't cut it, and with boots I have to wear 2 socks on the right foot so my foot doesn't slip!

2. My little fingers both curve in at the last joint. Not from arthritis, I was just born that way! First thing I checked on my granddaughters is to see if they had crooked little fingers - now I can't remember if they did or not!!

3. Because my first name is unisex and I didn't use my middle name, I was assigned to boy's gym the first day of Jr High! From then on I filled out forms with my middle name "Annette" showing!

4. I organize all my drawers - my underwear drawer has all the undies rolled and put in rows by color. My sox all line up in rows in their drawer so I can see the colors without messing up the rest. I also organize the tops and jackets in my closet by sleeve length, then color!

5. I discovered, when we moved, that I own more than 100 pair of earrings - I wear the same silver hoops about 99% of the time!

6. I hate my car being messy inside - doesn't bother me a bit if someone else's is messy - just makes me crazy if mine is!

7. I am not athletic, and I don't feel I am very competitive, but I am really into weight training at the gym and I love to feel that strength in my legs when I crouch down and can stand up easily! I also LOVE to snow ski and feel great competition with myself to improve even as I am getting older. I picture myself being more physically active and maybe walking in distance events when I am not working and have more time.

8. If I had the opportunity, I would love to work on an archeological dig - I don't care where - the process has always facinated me.

9. I enjoy being by myself - I like to sew, read or shop - and I usually don't turn on tv or music if I am home by myself during the day. I am not unnerved by silence. I do turn on the tv however, if I am home by myself at night - if for nothing else than to mark the passage of time.

There! 9 things! - - You know - I guess I am not all that weird for the most part after all!! HA!!

8 comments:

someone else said...

Those are wonderful, expecially #4! I had no idea you were more obsessive than me. :)

My socks are folded and lined up and my closet is organized by item, then color.

The undies? They're just stacked in the drawer.

Anonymous said...

I don't think #9 is weird at all! Sorry to pop your bubble there.....I am the same way....

But then again, maybe that's a weird thing about me?!?!

Susan Tidwell said...

Love your list, #9 is me too.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

someone else said...

I'm also with you on #9. I don't mind rattling around here alone and quietly.

kpjara said...

I thought drawers were there to hide the mess within...

Nancy said...

I have always wanted to work on an archeological dig too! If you every find one that accepts bloggers with a fascination, please let me know and I will go with you! Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Thanks for your very informative message about Thanksgiving on my blog. Now I know!

Archaeology, yes. Colour-coded clothes, no. Truly we are all different...

Pam said...

... and by the way, what on earth is root beer?