Monday, May 08, 2006

The Foo-Foo Machine

My new sewing machine (Janome 6600) should be coming via UPS today - I am SO excited to get it!! I bought it at the quilt show and they were supposed to send it off last Monday! Not that I will completely abandon my trusty 1977 Kenmore, but the new one has a bunch of those really cool stitches that you can put on things you make for your granddaughter! (Until she is about, what - 5 - and has decided she does not like foo-foo?) I still have a few years to get in all the foo-foo her momma can handle!! HA!!

* * * *

Wahoo! It's here, and appears to be undamaged by shipping! The box is incredibly dirty, however, on every side! How does UPS get stuff sooo dirty!! Oh well - the box goes in the recycle bin anyway! Tonight the instruction book - tomorrow we sew!!

4 comments:

someone else said...

I can't seem to want to replace my trusty Kenmore either. It weighs a ton or two, but it's reliable. I feel this overwhelming sense of disloyalty when I even consider maybe wanting something else. Weird-o..........

"Grandi" said...

Well, I'll keep mine for those quick things especially if I am in the middle of a project and don't want to change settings on the new one. But pulling the new one out of the box last night was sort of like getting a new baby - there are so many possibilities! Just the fact that it HAS settings that can be changed is going to be fun!

Unknown said...

Wowza! THAT is a machine! Can't wait to see what you make with it! Post some pictures.

Grammy said...

I completely understand. When I got my Babyloc Quilter's choice a few months ago, I went crazy. And since it has an open arm, I did abandon my old Kenmore. Daughter #4 was thrilled to have the machine that she had learned to sew on.