Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I AM too!

I'm at work a little early this morning - and my phone is ringing because we have offices in the east and they have already been at work 2 hours! I'm not answering it yet - I'm blogging first!! I enjoyed Morning Glory's "meme" (? don't really know what that is, but that's what she called it!), so I decided to do it too!

I AM

I am a 30-yr old in a late 50's body!

I want to have the time to do the things I really enjoy and see all the places I want to see. I want to have a mind that is interested in everything!

I wish I hadn't let myself get as heavy as I did - I've slimmed down a lot, but I spent too many years apologizing to myself for the difference between the way I looked and the way I envisioned myself.

I hate it when friends are self-depreciating - Our talents and abilities are all so unique - God didn't create us better or worse - just different!

I miss my Grandpop - he died shortly after I was married. He was a wonderful storyteller and led such an interesting life - I would have loved for my boys to have known him.

I hear the office awakening around me as folks arrive for their work day - (I'd like to be hearing birds flirting in the spring garden I will have someday!)

I wonder if my husband and I will grow old together and be able to do the things we dream about

I regret saying things that have been hurtful to friends - I can apologize, but I can't make the words disappear
I am not as artistic as I would love to be - I have a bookkeeper's brain by nature and an art side that would love to be more developed

I dance every chance I get - and would love to take classes to learn to do it better

I sing first soprano, although I have sung tenor and alto when that was what was needed. I am loving the freedom of the melody in a song and the soaring high notes!

I cry a lot more often than I used to! Lots of things bring it on - a song, a friend's pain or joy, a hug from my granddaughters, the realization that Christ died for ME, having one daughter in law who openly loves me and another who openly hates me, having a Christian husband who loves me a lot!

I am not always as right as I would like to think I am!

I make with my hands a lot of things: pottery on a wheel, quilts, good food, clothing to wear, spreadsheets on a computer

I write a little in my blog - and I'm pretty decent on a email, but I put letters off til forever!

I confuse my husband by changing topics when a new thought comes cruising through my brain - and he's still on the last one

I need a lot of things to keep my mind and my hands active - sitting and watching tv for hours just doesn't cut it! I think I probably have a little ADD!!

I should probably get to work - it is after 8!! Alternately - I should like to garden once I retire and have the time to do it!

I start quilts and quite often don't get them finished!! (That should probably be under the "I should"! - I'll have time one of these days!!) For now - the only craft I have allowed myself in my 2.5 yr apartment stint is my sewing maching and unfinished quilts - there is hope!!

I finish my dessert, whether I got full on dinner or not!

I tag - I'm not really sure what tagging is about!! I'm just sort of out here! HA!!



2 comments:

someone else said...

Fun stuff, friend. I think when you guys move here we should take dancing lessons together.

"Grandi" said...

Sounds good to me!! I have started introducing the concept to Wayne - so when we actually do it he won't be surprised!! HA!!