Monday, August 14, 2006

Bye Dad

Well, my dad passed away on Saturday, August 12 early in the evening. He came home from the hospital with the help of Hospice on Friday, and went into a coma sometime Saturday morning. It was peaceful, and with the help of medicine, painless. As sad as losing him is, the relief that he is no longer suffering soothes my heart immeasurably. He was such an active person that being in that bed was not the way he wanted to spend any time, but his body was just unable to do what his mind wanted any more.

We know he is in Heaven, and that thought sustaines me. They have both always hated funerals, so there won't be one, but she is requesting folks support the St Joseph's Hospital Hospice program in Santa Ana, CA - or their local one! What a great program Hospice is - they were so supportive for my mom during their brief time at home!

We are heading for the airport and home - but I did want to update you all and thank you for your prayers - they really meant a lot to hubby and me!! Blessings Friends!, Love Grandi


5 comments:

Emily said...

grandi; i'm so very sorry for your family's loss. you will be in my prayers.

kpjara said...

I am so sad for you and your family, but how reassuring to know he is pain free and home with His Father! Prayers for your mother and the whole family.

God Bless you Grandi!

John Cowart said...

What a tough thing to go through!

Susan Tidwell said...

I have been sporadic in reading blogs lately, and was surprised to read about your dad, it was not that long ago that he was diagnosed. I feel for you and your family in this tough time. I agree, if he had to go, at least it was peaceful. Thinking you you...

Code Yellow Mom said...

My heart goes out to you...Sending hugs and prayers your way.