Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Update on Dad

We had good news on dad while we were in Hawaii - the medicine is apparently shrinking the tumor in his lung - YEA!
However - when we got home, there was bad news - he is back in the hospital - he has a vein in his knee that could use a stint - but since it is in a bendy part, a stint won't work. Well, that vein has closed down, and his foot is turning blue - not.good. He has also developed a blockage up near his gall bladder - also not.good. They tried to go in with a camera to look at the blockage, but he had to be on his left side, and there was a great deal of pain, and he couldn't breathe, so they couldn't do the camera. He now has fluid in his left lung that they are supposed to be draining off this morning to see if that will take care of the pain and breathing so they can run the camera in.

Mom is braced for the fact that the end may be near. She's doing ok - she just doesn't want dad to suffer. Seeing him down like this is hard for her - - for all of us! He has always been so active and interested in everything!

Please pray that they can do this test and find the source of the blockage - and that it can be taken care of. Then next, the foot/knee vein - that needs to be open. If they can take away the blockage they will do a bypass on the vein. Thank you for your continued prayers for them!

6 comments:

someone else said...

I'm so sorry about all this. You're all in our prayers!!! I just don't know what else to say, but having been there, I know prayers are about all that help at this point. We love you!!

kpjara said...

How frustrating! Prayers are continuing and I know God's hand is on your Dad!

kpjara said...

I just read Morning GLory's post about the pancreas involvement and new grim prognosis! I'm continuing to pray for both healing and peace and GOD'S breath of love and life!

TJ said...

Praying for your dad!!
(((hugs)))

Pam said...

Hi, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I'm so sorry, too, about your dad. I too have elderly parents and it's a continuing worry. I'm sending you hopeful thoughts and best wishes from Scotland.

Sugarmama said...

I'm so sorry about all this! Seeing someone you love sick and suffering, especially someone who's always been a vigorous, active person, is so difficult. (My husband went through this a few years ago with his mother.) My thoughts will be with you and your family. I hope it all goes well.