Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday Babblings 5

We saw "Beauty and the Beast" last night. It was a play put on by a group called "Centre Stage" that is headed by a friend of some friends of ours. Her name is Keely Milliken, and if you ever come across anything she is doing - it is first class! The folks in the play were voice, instrumental, and dance students of Centre Stage and my goodness! - what talent these young folks have!!

We have attended community theater and the professional stuff in Los Angeles, and her productions rank right up there with the pros! The staging, live orchestra, costumes and most of all the finished product were just wonderful. Not that kind of "wonderful" that you smile and wink about - but the kind that you would gladly pay a whole lot more for than the $20 per seat that we paid last night!!

The smallest folks were darling as some of the "enchanted items" but the main characters were at the least in their teens, with some a few older ones thrown in too. We were most amazed by "The Beast" in last night's show. He had a mature baritone voice, and in the end when the "spell" was lifted, we could see that he was younger than he sounded. Afterward we found out that he was in his mid teens!!! The kid was amazing! He was very tall, and his voice was that of an adult! I will look forward to seeing him in more of their productions. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a professional one of these days!

At the urging of my son - Computer Guy - I signed up on MySpace this week. I have posted a couple of short things - but it doesn't have the same friendly feel as this bloggy-bunch does. I also can't figure out how most of it works! One of the fun things however, was being able to see if CG was on line - it has an instant messaging feature - it might be fun in the future! HA!!

I have a newly-realized appreciation for having my own washer and dryer! We don't have one in our apartment, and although the laundry room is close, there are only 6 washers and 6 dryers in our section of the complex. If I am home before 5pm I can usually get all my wash done in one fell swoop - however, since I get off work at 5 and have to drive 30 mins home - that has only happened 2 times! Everyone is really nice and takes their turn, and seem to be prompt about emptying their machine, but you still have wait and take your turn!!! I never appreciated the freedom of being able to toss a load in the washer or dryer and leave for dinner, or go to bed, and not take it out til the next morning!! My retirement house has a nice large laundry room - I can hardly wait!!

We are getting together with friends for a BBQ tonight - one of the couples lives in Texas, and is out visiting for a month. We haven't seen them too much because they have visited family out of the area. They are back in town, so we will have a chance to catch up tonight.

Another set of friends is having a 25th anniversary party tomorrow night. They started off planning a formal reception type affair, and realized early on that the formal just wasn't their style. It now has a beach party theme, with catered mexican food and a disc-jockey! They are our age (they just found each other a little later!), so all the music will be the stuff we know - and know how to dance to! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun! The place they are having the party is about 2 hours away, so several of us are staying overnight afterwards in a motel near there. That will make it more fun, since we don't have to face a looong drive home afterwards!

I had my teeth whitened last night! I have thought about it for a while - hubby had to have crowns on his 4 upper front teeth a while back, and his smile is now so pretty and white! In pictures I can really see the difference - my teeth are not nearly as white as his are now! So, I checked and it really wasn't that pricey - so I did it! They look a lot whiter - I love it! The hardest part is that I have to stay away from coffee, tea, cola and red wine for 2 weeks! Apparently the process makes the teeth a bit more porous for a bit and those things would tend to darken them again! I did have half a cup of coffee this morning, but I drank it through a straw and drank water right after!! The coffee will be the hardest - I love my morning coffee!!

Have a good weekend friends!

3 comments:

someone else said...

I remember our early days of having to go to a laundromat. Ugh!

Can't wait to see the new whitening. I thought your teeth were pretty white already.

Emily said...

thanks for visiting my site! i have loved reading your blog, and will be back for sure!

also, my apt. complex has a laundromat, too, but thankfully, they have about 30 machines (of each) -- so i almost never have to wait -- it does make you appreciate not having to move laundry, or PAY to do laundry, though!

kpjara said...

Good GRIEF I detest going to a laundromat...especially when I have to wait for washers and dryers...it reminds me of college! SOunds like the party was fun!