Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Am Curious

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot (1819-1880)

This statement facinates me - and the fact that it is as relevant today as it probably was when George first penned it! As I am approaching retirement (early!!) I wonder what I will discover about me. I started working when I was 15, and worked til a month before my oldest son was born. I was fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom for 12 years, then only worked part time until he was in high school. I went back full time about 16 years ago and have another couple of years til I get to retire.

I am curious to see if any new talents or interests will emerge once I really have time to explore new things! I wonder who I will find in me in the next chapter of my life!

4 comments:

someone else said...

Me too. I'm glad we get to discover some of those things together.

"Grandi" said...

I read that this afternoon and it got me thinking - what can I accomplish that I haven't even thought of yet? Could be fun!!

Susan Tidwell said...

This is a very interesting thought to ponder...

I am looking forward to finding out the answer, also.

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated and welcome!

kpjara said...

I'm almost certain they will!