Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Babblings 2

Momma dove is back - well, maybe it is one of the babies - but someone is back on the 4" beam outside my kitchen window! No nest - just sitting on that beam. Do doves have more than 1 set of babies in a spring? Could she be nesting again? I'll just have to watch and see!

I love our apartment! I love the spacious bedroom and the little deck. We've never lived in an apartment; not even as newlyweds - so this is a new experience! Yeah - we hear some of the neighbor's comings and goings, but we are only aware of them, not annoyed. I am still working with the bedroom window shades - I'm a really an "open window" person. I love to be able to see out, and have the windows open to the night air. We have those vertical blinds that you can adjust one way or the other to block the line of sight. Since I am a tad claustrophobic and do like to see out, I bought a tension rod and sort of semi-sheer panels to put up in the bedroom window behind the blinds. I still have to cut them off so they don't puddle on the floor, but they are up. I put them in about half way up, so I can still see out over them, but they camouflage the lower half. I was feeling pretty confident in my little curtains, until the other night when I was standing at my vanity brushing my teeth before bed, and I noticed that I could look in my mirror and see the lighted kitchen window of an apt in the next building over through my little curtain. Now, if I can see that window, then they could see me if they were standing at the sink!! Whoops! I went over and adjusted the verticals, but unless I really shut them all the way, I can still see into their kitchen! Lordy - who knows what they have seen with their kitchen light off!! HA!! Anyway - I am going to see if doubling or even tripling (the curtains are long enough) the fabric will do it or if I have to go get real fabric and make new curtains!

Some good friends left yesterday morning for a cruise/land trip in the Mediterranean and eastern Europe area. They will be gone 17 days! Their itinerary was wonderful! It is all with a tour group, and that works really well for them. They are both retired teachers and the tour guy taught with them and retired to put tours together. They are going with a group of about 10 couples - several repeats, like them, so it's a group that's not too big to move around with, and they know several of the couples. Ah - retirement!! I'm looking forward to the freedom of it!! As "still working" folk we can only take the time we have accrued - and it never accrues fast enough!! HA!!

I think we have our house in NRS rented. It will be to a professional lady and her 3 children - no pets, no smoking. We don't have a fence up yet, and that is the only drawback - but we told our property manager that if she would sign a year lease, we would have a fence up within 30 days. Now, we just have to get back up there and choose a fence! The good thing about having 1/3 acre is that you are not right on top of the neighbors - the bad thing is when you have to fence it, it is huge!! Our manager is going to get us the names and numbers of the 2 neighbors - we are going to contact them and hopefully they will share the cost on those sides! We have to put up white vinyl, which we like. Of course the one we like best - the kind with the lattice panel on top is the very most expensive!! Ah - champagne tastes!! I think we will go up again in August so we can choose in person. The vinyl lasts forever, so we want to make sure we make the right choice the first time!

Well, the day has begun - my floor here at work has come alive and I must come to work too! Happy weekend folks! God Bless!

1 comment:

TJ said...

We are fairly new at apartment living too...but I love the new ones we just moved in to...noone had lived in these previous to us so it was brand new...and I shut everything up tight when the sun goes down...cause I'm a peeper myself...lol...when driving or walking I will glance over and say "Oh, look...."
Sad but true!!
:-D