Friday, June 09, 2006

Momma Dove

I was watching momma dove last night while I was fixing dinner. She moved over and there was 1 baby! Now remember, they are sitting on a 4" beam more than 2 stories up in the air!! Baby is about 1/2 her size and adorable! Momma flew off for some "take-out" and baby just dutifully sat on the beam til she returned with dinner. I don't know how close baby is to flying, but once the committment is made, there will be no turning back.

I cannot see a visible nest, so momma and baby are just sitting on that beam. Momma keeps baby nice and warm - they were all snuggled up this morning when I checked on them from my kitchen window.

It struck me again - God cares for this little momma and her baby high up in the air on a 4" beam, and He cares for me.

9 comments:

someone else said...

Awww, that is so sweet. Those little bird nests are such fun to watch. We have two that I can see, but not see into, and I can't tell if there's anything in them.

someone else said...

I know God cares for that bird on the 4-inch beam and I know that He especially cares for you and your family right now! We'll be praying for you and your parents, my dear friend.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Very sweet post...

My heart goes out to you as you face your father's illness. Lots of prayers, too.

kpjara said...

I will lift your father up in prayer daily! Rest in the wisdom that God loves your dad even more than you do!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful reminder.

Your new place looks very cozy!

Anonymous said...

My prayers are heading your way Grandi.....

Susie said...

Hi,
Came here from Morning Glory's to let you know I've said a prayer for your Dad...

Michelle said...

I read morning glory's blog and your family is my prayers!

God Bless
Michelle

TJ said...

Morning Glory sent me...prayers and thoughts are headin' your way!
~~~~hugs~~~~